giovedì 22 luglio 2010

About MMORPG


Here we go with the first post in English.
Because I want to talk about something that required English since the beginning.
MMORPGs are a strange kind of videogames.
You can consider and judge them like all the others videogame, they still have a gameplay, graphics, sounds... all the stuff you can find in a normal videogame.
They have people in addi(c)tion.
It's quite complicate.
What makes MMORPGs unique is something that is not implemented by their Developers, something that does not even belong to the software house.
It's the people playing it, with whom you interact, arrange runs, fight, meeting... in other words those players you have fun with.
Of course from the technical point of view, there are differences between each MMORPGs but I believe they are just a secondary feature while playing these addictive games. What really matters is the company you have.

Said so I can now properly write that World of Warcraft was, for me, a great experience and a lot of fun. I was able to meet people, become friend with them and share a lot of time with them.
And this friendship was not trapped inside the game's boundaries but still carries on, in what the Nerds call RL (Real Life).
Although we don't talk to each other everyday, time by time something happens (a mail, a journey... whatever), and we find out that we are just very happy to meet again.
I really mean it. And there is nothing else I could add to make it appear more "real".

And here is the proof. After some years, I am proud to present the "Gotri's ultimate screenshots compendium" for the fun of those who were there and can understand.

Thank you Ol' Boot, what you did was just another amazing deed, worth of memory.

6 commenti:

  1. God that was funny! The best part is the screenshots of some chats, like when Cazzi the paladin, joined the guild. That was a true Epic Fail. Thanks Old Boot for bringing back some good old memories!

    RispondiElimina
  2. I had so much fun going through all those screenshots! It's very time consuming because once you start it's really difficult to stop. I am glad you enjoyed it. I feel very attached to this stuff! Who knows, maybe one day I will make another compendium, I still got plenty of other screenshots :)

    Ps.
    If you can, let Ung, Isa, Garn, Bao and the others know about it. I will post the link on MTO forums, if I may?

    Gotri

    RispondiElimina
  3. Mmm... looking at the screenshots I didn't remembered some of the jokes I said in guild chat... I'm getting old.

    Garn

    RispondiElimina
  4. @Gotri: Kein problem, I should have done that but, you know my condition...

    @Garneth: think how many we still miss...

    RispondiElimina
  5. Well, maybe I am a girl in disguise, but I almost cryed remembering all the time we shared in there.

    RispondiElimina
  6. "Well, maybe I am a girl in disguise"

    You're not. Even Hollywood has not such great special effects.
    (@Gotri: Alex=Bao)

    RispondiElimina